NEET UG Counselling Process Roundwise Breakthrough PART III
The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats including AIIMS, JIPMER of ESIC & AFMC, Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) tentatively in second week of October for admission to MBBS and BDS Courses. The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned. The admitting/counselling authorities will draw merit list of the candidates in the respective categories, declared by the candidates at the time of applying for admission/counseling.
- If seat is allotted in round 1, and u r accepting the seat than 2.0 lakhs adjust in fee of college.
- If Seat is allotted and you are not taking seat than u will get refund with FREE EXIT and u can drop seat , no loss of money
- If seat is not allotted then 2.0 lakhs refund or transfer to next round.
Round 2 and Mop up round
- If seat is allotted in round 2 and u r accepting the seat than adjustment of 2.0 lakhs in fee.
- If seat is allotted and not accepted than u will loose your 2.0 lakhs
- If not allotted refund 2.0 lakhs
- If u will get seat in round 1 of deemed counselling and u continued to round 2 but not getting seat in round 2 and mop up than also u can withdraw your seat and take refund within 2 days of results.
- All India + Deemed Counselling Total have to pay is 2.05 Lakhs who are Registered for each.
Process of online allotment;
- Main Counseling Registration including fee
- Exercising of Choices and Locking of choices
- Process of Seat Allotment – 1st Round
- Round 1 Result Publication
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round (free entry/exit choice available).
- Publication of internet vacant seats
- Registration & Fresh Choice submission by eligible candidates for 2nd Round (not required by already registered candidates).
- Process of Seat Allotment – 2nd Round (exit with forfeiture of security amount option available
- Round 2 Result Publication
- Reporting at the Medical / Dental Colleges /Institutions against 2nd Round (candidates as soon as joined the allotted seat against 2nd Round usually are not allowed to vacate the seat).
END of 15 % All India Counselling and reverting of Non Joined, Not Allotted seats to state quota. Mop Up Round for Deemed/ Central Universities
- Fresh Registration for Mop up Round (not required for earlier resigned candidates)
- Choice Filling/ Choice Locking
- Process of Seat Allotment for Mop Up Round.
- Result Publication for Mop Up Round
- Reporting at the Allotted Medical/ Dental College after Mop Up Round
- List of ten occasions (of the registered candidates) of number of Stray vacancies to be sent to Deemed / Central Universities to be exhausted strictly in order of merit.
- Final Stray Vacancy Round to be conducted by Deemed/ Central Universities (There will probably be no Fresh Registration of Candidates in Final Stray Vacancy Round)
Eligible for NEET UG 15% All India Quota Counseling
All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) except J&K. Eligible candidates
Eligible for Deemed Universities Counseling
All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
Q. What is free exit for Ist Round mean?
Ans: Free exit for 1st Round means if a candidate allotted a seat in Ist Round and even if candidate doesn’t report/be a part of the allotted college he would not be penalized and eligible for subsequent rounds.
Q. Who are usually not eligible for 2nd Round of allotment?
Ans: Candidate who has become non eligible due to having insufficient documents as per Eligibility Criteria.
Q. Who are eligible for 2nd Round of allotment?
Ans: Candidates eligible for seat allotment in 2nd round would be from one of many following groups:
Group–I: Registered candidates who didn’t get any seat allotment within the 1st round.
Group-II: Registered candidates who’ve secured seat under reserved quota & whose 1st round of allotted seat got cancelled during the document verification on reporting for admission will be considered for allotment of seat in the next round of seat allotment, with changed Category, subject to availability of seat in respective category.
Group–III: Candidates who’ve reported at allotted institute throughout 1st round of allotment and submitted willingness for second round up-gradation as Yes.
Group- IV: Candidates who’ve been allotted a seat but Not Joined.
Group V: Candidates who’ve resigned from the allotted seat of first round.
Q. What does exit with forfeiture mean in 2nd round of counselling?
Ans: Exit with forfeiture means if a candidate allotted a seat in 2nd round of counselling and does not wish to be a part of the allotted seat he can still exit with forfeiture (losing security amount deposited) and as soon as candidate joined the allotted seat would not be eligible for resigning/give up of joined seat.
Q. What is the procedure for Second round (round-2)?
Ans: 2nd round of Counseling:
- Fresh set of seats will get added to the system (seats available during round-1), if any, which is due to latest approvals of MCI/DCI (increase in admission capacity of existing Medical/Dental College/ starting of new Medical/Dental college).
- Further, the conversion of seats can be carried out during the round-2 of seat allotment for AIQ and Mop Up Round for Deemed Universities and accordingly, the candidates are required to be shown all choices (seats available and more likely to be available) which are against vacant, newly added seats, virtual vacancies that are more likely to get vacated throughout up-gradation and also during the conversion of seats as per the following algorithm:
- ST (PH) -> ST
- SC (PH) -> SC
- UR (PH) -> UR
- OBC (PH) -> OBC
- ST -> SC
- SC-> UR
3. The decisions of candidates, who’ve submitted option for participation in the second round throughout the reporting period for the first round seat allotment, would be initialized (the choices remaining after allotment, submitted earlier than round-1 will stand cancelled), and candidates are required to submit recent choices online throughout the time the window is open for the same. Choices which had been filled throughout 1st round of selection filling will probably be null & void.
4. All eligible candidates (as shown below) who desire to participate in second round & Mop Up Round of online allotment will have to submit recent choices throughout selection submission period and lock the choices throughout period of locking.
5. There is not going to be any indicative allotment in Round-2 of allotment, locked choices of the candidates could be processed and result will probably be published. Those candidates, who do not submit recent choices for the round-2 counseling, would not be considered.
Q. Who are eligible for “Exit with Forfeiture” option?
Ans: Candidate who has been allotted a seat in Round II but does not report on the college may Exit with Forfeiture. ( i.e. The refundable security amount is not going to be refunded in such a case).
Round I joined candidate who has not been Upgraded in Round II may resign his seat allotted in Round I within two days of Round II Result announcement failing which he will be considered as a part of joined candidates for Round 2 and rules will apply accordingly and such candidate will probably be not be allowed.