National Testing Agency introduced NEET UG 2021 Exam Pattern in its official information brochure revealed in December. The examination pattern for NEET UG 2021 is similar as in earlier years’. The entrance examination contains 180 a number of alternative questions divided amongst Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
NEET UG Question paper ;
Available in any of the following 11 languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu language. As per NEET 2021 Marking Scheme, test-takers will probably be awarded 4 marks for every right answer whereas 1 mark will probably be deducted for each incorrect answer.
NEET UG 2021 Exam Pattern ;
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|No. of questions in each section||Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Biology- 90 (Botany- 45, Zoology- 45)|
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Test)|
The examination will probably be performed in offline mode i.e. pen-paper primarily based mode only. Students should mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- The paper will include 180 multiple-choice questions of total score 720.
- 1 mark will probably be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- For every right answer, 4 marks will probably be awarded.
- 45 questions are assigned to Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology each.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Biology (Zoology + Botany)||90 (45 + 45)||360 (180 + 180)|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
NEET UG 2021 Marking Scheme ;
- One right answer fetches 4 marks and one incorrect answer will value 1 mark.
- It just isn’t obligatory to aim all questions.
- There is not any negative marking for unattempt questions.
- Once you mark an answer, it isn’t possible to change it.
- Multiple answers will probably be considered as an incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
|No answer/Multiple answer||0|
How is NEET Score calculated?
- For each right answer, the candidate is awarded 4 marks and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- NEET Score = (Correct answers X 4) – (Incorrect answers X 1)
- Normalization is used to nullify the results of the various problem stage of question papers in numerous examination periods.
Physics is predicted to be a troublesome part in NEET 2021 examination this year. Students are suggested to undergo the paper Analysis for Physics to attain optimum marks within the matter.
What to Expect from NEET 2021 Question Paper?
NEET Paper Analysis for Physics
- Mechanics is crucial matter carrying most weightage.
- From Electrodynamics you possibly can expect almost 9-10 questions.
- Physics is probably the most troublesome part in NEET examination.
- Most of the questions contain lengthy calculations.
- It is crucial to recollect all of the formulation.
Pro Tip – Do not ignore the ‘Points to Ponder’ section at the end of every chapter and the examples given in NCERT Books.
NEET Paper Analysis for Chemistry
- Chemistry is thought to be a moderately difficult part within the paper.
- Over the years, application-based questions have increased in quantity.
- NEET 2019 noticed extra questions from the category XII syllabus.
- Organic Chemistry has regularly gained extra prominence than Inorganic Chemistry, anticipate 16-17 questions from Organic Chemistry within the paper.
- Few questions are shaped taking two completely different concepts collectively.
Pro Tip – Pay extra consideration to Chemical Bonding and Coordination Compounds. They take a whole lot of time and carry most weightage. Stick to NCERT books of sophistication 11 and 12.
NEET Paper Analysis for Biology
- Biology is comparatively simpler than the opposite two topics.
- The paper contains 45 questions every from Botany and Zoology.
- NEET 2019 noticed extra questions from class XII syllabus, virtually 46 out of 90.
- Focus totally on NCERT books. as per the max questions are NCERT books oriented.
Pro Tip – Human Physiology is a particularly essential matter carrying excessive weightage. Genetics too has been a scorching favorite of NEET and together with Human Physiology, they each cover almost 30 questions within the Biology part.
NEET 2021 Section-wise syllabus ;
check complete syllabus of Physics, Chemistry & Biology here.
Instructions for filling OMR Sheet ;
- Answers should be marked utilizing a ballpoint pen, which shall be supplied in NEET Exam corridor.
- Candidate should mark the take a look at booklet code on the OMR sheet.
- Rough work should be accomplished utilizing the area within the take a look at booklet only.
- Candidates should not change solutions within the OMR sheet, erasing any data printed on the OMR sheet is a punishable offence.
Languages/ Medium for NEET 2021 ;
NEET 2020 will probably be performed in 11 languages. Candidates will have the ability to choose medium of NEET 2020 from Hindi, English and Urdu in all of the centres. However, if the candidate has chosen a vernacular language, then the middle will be allotted accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) ;
Ques. WHERE CAN I DO ROUGH WORK DURING EXAM ?
Ans. You will probably be provided with a take a look at booklet on which you are able to do tough work. You can not do tough work on Answer Sheet, Admit card or the rest.
Ques. IS THERE ANY SECTIONAL TIME LIMIT IN NEET EXAM ?
Ans. No, there are not any such sectional limits in NEET. You can spend any period of time (from the entire time given) on any specific part or query.
Ques. WILL THE EXAM BE CONDUCTED ONLINE ?
Ans. NEET is an offline examination. In different phrases, it’s a pen and paper based mostly take a look at by which you’ll have to mark your solutions on an OMR sheet.
Ques. WILL NEET HAVE DISCRIPTIVE TYPE OF QUESTIONS ?
Ans. NEET solely has Multiple Choice Questions as of now. Each question will probably be adopted by 4 choices out of which one will probably be right.
Ques. I’m not comfortable with English, ought to I take some other language ?
Ans. Yes, other than English, NEET will be taken in Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Urdu and Kannada.
Ques. IS THERE ANY NEGATIVE MARKING FOR UN-ATTEMPTED QUESTIONS ?
Ans. No, there isn’t any negative marking for leaving or skipping any question.